
Happy Birthday to me!!!!!
Yes indeed, I am a Christmas baby. Well, Christmastime baby might be more appropriate. I have always loved it - as my family was always careful to not lump me in with Christmas! This year, I had a special treat... SNOW! And loads of it!
We stayed at my Auntie Chele and Uncle Doug's on saturday night after our family Christmas party... we stayed up late, watching the snow fall - you know the way it always feels light outside even when it's dark because it just sort of glows. So yes indeed I got to wake up to heaps of beautiful white snow absolutely covering everything. Auntie Chele and I took a walk through her Seattle neighborhood, and then walked to the store to get me a birthday doughnut! :o)

At lunch we drove (yes drove) across town to north Seattle to spend the rest of the afternoon with my parents. Jane took a nap and Nathan and I walked to a local coffee shop for a little lunch date. We got to play Balderdash (my favorite!!!), and then had a wonderful dinner and evening.
And then yes, we drove (again) home! I have never in my life seen a WHITE freeway... all the way from north Seattle to Tacoma... a WHITE I-5!!! It's virtually unheard... or unseen of! :o) All this to say, that apart from my loving family, the snow was my best present!My brother was able to come home from Fresno for the holidays! Yippee! What a treat to have him here with us! He and Jane were playing with the inside of a wrapping paper tube... making noises through it to each other! It was so funny!
2 comments:
My love!!!!!!!!! I have been without internet (starting on YOUR birthday) until today so I am so so so sorry for not being able to wish you a beautiful birthday!!!! I will write more later because we need to set up a date to see each other but I hope your day was wonderful! I love you so much!
Sarah
Happy late birthday my friend! Is this picture true- did you chop off your locks again? Adorable!!! How are you feeling these days??
Post a Comment