We have a lot to learn...! Jensen had his follow-up hearing test on Friday... he was such a champ for the whole things.. peaceful, content, and sleepy - even smiling for some of it. But the report came back the same... no change in his hearing from the last appointment. The audiologist said his condition is a permanent one - it's a problem with his cochlea not transmitting the quieter sounds. It is in both ears, and considered a mild-to-moderate hearing loss. Our next step is to visit the ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor) who will go through standard procedure I'm assuming, and then refer us to get Jensen fitted for hearing aids. In terms of the practicals... I feel I have more question than answers. How do you keep them from falling out? Don't the clips hurt? Will I know if they are adjusted to the right volume? What if they hurt his little ears?
Like I said, we have a lot to learn.
In the meantime, I am so thankful. Thankful his condition is only mild to moderate. Thankful he isn't profoundly deaf. The hearing aids are supposed to bring his hearing up to normal levels, which means no sign language, and normal language acquisition. My son will hear music! My son will hear laughter, and the voice of his mommy, daddy, and big sister. He will be able to sing, hear the birds chirp. and the sound of the ocean! Thank you Jesus!! Thank you Jesus it isn't more severe! Thank you Jesus that you have a plan for us, to teach us how to raise a child who knows who he is in Christ, and isn't defined by the world around him.
I know the Lord may still choose to heal him, and we will continue to pray for that. But we feel at peace in the Lord's plan and timing. I know the Lord hasn't given us anything beyond what we are able to bear. Thank you Jesus.
Jensen, you are worth it.
1 comment:
God is good! What a lucky guy to have such amazing and special parents! We love seeing his adorable pictures and those of his little sister as well. What a beautiful family you have! Hugs from across the state~
Post a Comment