Monday, October 26, 2009

Less 1 these days

http://www.uganda.ru/pictures/uganda_map.jpg
Half way around the world my husband is currently traveling... please continue to pray for Nathan! He is in Uganda, most likely traveling from Kampala to Gulu today, where he will spend the next 3 days getting to know children at a school there, doing interviews, and lots and lots of filming. He is having a blast. I've been able to talk to him twice on skype (gosh, that is the best), and he has all sorts of incredible stories already. Yesterday they spent time meeting some of the gals who 'work' at a brothel... really interesting to say the least. Heartbreaking beyond words, literally. He talked to a gal who had her first baby at age 11. And earlier today, they were scheduled to meet the Prime Minister of Uganda! Nathan was hoping to get an interview...! I hope he did. They will return to Kampala in a few days, and even get to do a couple site-seeing things like a safari-type day, and a day-cruise down the Nile! Wow! We had no idea they would get to do that... so fun! (As a refresher... Restore International Non-Profit is paying Nathan and our employee's way to Uganda in order to get on film everything they are working on over there! Can't wait to see the footage!)


On a Tacoma-Note....
We are happy around this house these days. More and more is the case lately, that the Lord is the source of joy for our entire family. He has been doing great and wonderfully amazing things in and through us lately. We have to smile when we look at this season of our lives. Although extremely pressed for time of our own, we have been blessed to give our time to others. And it just feels good and refreshing to not care so much about yourself sometimes.

Jane was pretty sick last week.. I think it was teething. But she fell fast asleep in the rocking chair while she was reading. :o)


Little man is more darling every day... and I just can't get over how giggly he is. What a happy buddy boy.


And this is picture my mom took at Nathan's birthday party that I found on her camera. I LOVE YOU, JANE.



No comments: