For the first time in my life, I am officially a runner.
When you go out and knock off a 10 mile run, averaging 10 minute miles with no extra concentration or exertion, other than chatting with your friends throughout- yes, I am officially a runner.
The enjoy putting on my running shoes, stretching, and getting outdoors in the fresh air.
I hate treadmills.
I get sweaty and salty.
My body is learning how to run hills- and I'm starting to get bored when it's just flat.
Getting up early, while it's still dark out, getting dressed, and doing my workout for the day, getting home and showering all before the kids are up... yessss!
I am a runner. I enjoy the wind in my face, the rain when it's wet, and the sun when it's shining...like today!
Amanda, Shari, Jena, Amy, Lisa and a friend and I were out at Point Defiance Park (the 2nd largest metropolitan park in the US, other than Central park!) this morning. It's a wonderful place to run, with a lot of hills, winding roads, and trails... we saw the sun rise, the Cascades, a bit of Mt Rainier, the Puget Sound, the Olympics, the Narrows bridge..... c'mon!!!! The sun was out, filtering through the trees in it's long slanted winter lines.... really, does it get any better?
I am a runner.
And I love it.
I am signed up for the Eugene Marathon...on the date in the picture! :o) I'm so excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment