Thursday, April 8, 2010

as if it weren't enough

Our little boy is so resilient. And I know in general, children are resilient. But would you please join us in prayer as we are scheduled for a small surgery for Jensen, to have tubes put in his ears.

Long story short, he has had fluid build-up behind his ear drums for 2-3 months now. From what the audiologist is telling us, it's causing his hearing to be worse than what we believe it to be without the fluid. If they can drain the fluid and put in tubes in the eardrums, it will allow the fluid not build up, hopefully restoring his hearing to the mild-moderate loss, instead of moderate-severe, which he is currently testing.

Pffff, sigh. As if hearing aids, all these drs appts, poking, prodding, weren't enough... anesthesia definitely feels a bit overwhelming for an 11 month old. Although the procedure is very fast, please be praying that his fluid would clear up before the surgery, and/or that all goes well as planned.

Thank you all for your love and support.

Jensen is a really special little guy.... I couldn't love him more. :o) (And apparently, neither could Jane, as daily she is trying to give him so many hugs and squeezes that she ends up knocking him over or making him cry from the barrage of affection. :o)

4 comments:

Afton Vander Pol said...

We are praying for Jensen. Please let us know how it goes. we love you guys

Danielle said...

Oh Cailyn, I'm so sorry! Please let me know if Jane wants to come over and play soon:) Or if you ALL want to come, of course! But seriously, if you need help with a Dr apt or something, WE LOVE JANE! And Jens too!!

The Balcom Family said...

Not sure if you have other friends that have gone through this or not, but I have another mom-friend that has experienced this with BOTH of her boys. Not fun, but definitely doable and probably the best part is that he'll never remember any of it! If you ever want another momma to talk to, ask questions, etc, I know she'd love to share! I think you two would really enjoy each other! :)

Veronica Whetstine said...

I had tubes put in my ears at that age and then again at 4 years old. I was said to have severe hearing loss too, but the tubes really helped and my hearing was spared to be only a little below average. Praying for lil Jensen.
-Veronica