Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Jane


"Jane, you're my favorite."

These words probably come out of my mouth everyday. My mom told me when Jensen was born, I wasn't going to be able to say that anymore. But then I realized I could still get away with it... Jane is my favorite girl. Jensen is my favorite boy. I am still the clear. :o)

"I wuv you Mommy."

These words probably come our of Jane's mouth everyday, as she hugs me. In the last weeks its sort of clicked with Jane- that she has the power to tell people she loves them, and watch their reaction. She get's a good one out of me every time. There is something about voluntary affection from a small child that reaches into the depths of your heart grabs hold in an indescribable way.

I hope I don't look back one day and think, "Gosh, I wish I would've understood how amazing it was to have little children." I don't know, maybe that's inevitable. But I just want to soak up every moment, every expression, every embrace... as much as I possibly can, TODAY.

I love Jane. She has a piece of me that can never be taken back. It's gone forever- in the most incredible way. I love you, Jane.

1 comment:

MaryJane said...

Great Blog. Just about the time you think you've forgotten how wonderful it is to have small children, God gives you grandchildren to remind you.