Wednesday, November 28, 2012

more good news...

(sidenote: Blogger just notified me of a space limit on my blog so I can't add any more pictures, and I'm problem solving on what to do because I don't want to pay, since I purposely signed up with a free blog, and it seems things have changed... anyway... if I end up starting a new blog, I will list the link here!)

After yesterday's naturopath appointment with Greyson, I walked away with another sigh of relief, and a more encouraging outlook regarding my future! That might sound a little dramatic... but c'mon people... for those of you who are full-time moms, you know or will remember the amount of TIME that goes into MEALS... 

Preparing grocery lists, finding recipes, planning your menu, shopping with 3 little kids, putting those groceries in your car, hauling those groceries into the house, putting it away, and then 3 meal preps a day and clean up.  (And for MANY meals of our last year... I was making 3 different meals at each meal time, or at least for breakfast and lunch, which means 8 to 9 different meals a day because Greyson has eaten baby food, and I have tried to eat healthier than the kids do.) 

So after a blood allergy/sensitivity test Greyson had 3 weeks ago, as we've been trying to figure out some significant digestive issues with Greyson... I have been slowly preparing in the back of my mind to have to make a major lifestyle change in our eating.... maybe having to go wheat or gluten free, egg or dairy free. Because if he has those allergies... you just can't keep making double meals for the rest of your life. So imagine my relief when the blood test came back with not only no allergies, but not even any significant sensitivities! (We did see a trend toward dairy reactions... but it's more just keeping it to a minimum instead of total avoidance.)

Additionally, we have also been seeing some good results from a digestive enzyme that we have added to his diet that isn't uncommon for young children to lack, which they eventually just grow out of. So with THAT.... our naturopath was very encouraged that we narrowed it down to this enzyme problem. I"m praying it will continue to work and help stabilize Grady boy.

This has felt like just as long of a road as his head issues... since he has struggled digestively since we started solid foods. WHEW.

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!

I'm hoping life will take a more 'normal' curve for 2013. :o)

No comments: