Sometimes I see myself staring back at me through those blue eyes. Even though the shape and the color are so very similar to Nathan's, it's as if I see a part of me through her that I have never yet known. How very odd to get to know yourself through your own child. Or maybe it's not odd at all, but rather the Lord created it that way for a reason. Perhaps to give us understanding of our own strengths and weaknesses, and to be more comfortable with our gifts and shortcomings. Whatever the reason, it is quite marvelous and awesome, and overwhelming all at the same time, to see yourself in a new light through another person.... and that person being a tiny little human who has yet to express a single word.

3 comments:
I love to read your thoughts and observations...it is great to follow along the Jane Journey and to see your progress as a family. Your photos are always special and this pic of Sweets was my favorite from all the last batch...those eyes are speaking through the generations...Love to all from Mom
Cailyn, I know exactly how you feel! I still laugh sometimes looking at Gwen that she looks so much like I did as a baby. I'm getting used to comments like, "I can't believe how pretty she is... I mean, she looks like you. How is that possible?"
pic of Gwen
Wow. This is such a stunning photograph. Her eyes are unbelievable. We had such a fun time at her birthday party! Thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment