Wednesday, March 4, 2009

18 Months have absolutely flown by

A FUN UPDATE... A LONG TIME COMING!


18-MONTHS OLD

Jane is growing up. Yes, I know that you know that, and it is definitely an understatement - but at times I can hardly believe my eyes at what a big, capable 18-month-old girl she's become. As a mother, you find yourself bouncing back and forth between tears, due to the pace your child grows, and absolutely joy and pride over what they are becoming. Hmmm. I find I never really leave either of those extremes.. it's just sort of a state of being these days.

Jane has changed at the most rapid rate thus far, in the last two months. She went from army crawling, no teeth (hardly), and still feeling like a baby... to a toddler who climbs stairs, crawls like a maniac, scoots around on anything she can grab on to, pushes chairs, stools - whatever she can find, finally has more than her bottom 2 teeth (only boasting 4.5 though), her hair although still thin is getting shaggy, she organizes things, puts things away, sings, has become quite the cuddle-bug, loves trucks (especially the garbage truck), trains, anything that makes loud noises and moves, still loves books, and she feeds herself very capably!

Oh, she is the dearest, sweetest girl I could've ever asked for. She's my "doodle-bug," "Janie-bug," "Love-bug," "punkin-head," "doll face," "Sweetie pie," "sweet-girl," and "Janie-girl," all rolled into one.

Okay, so some of these pictures are from nearly two months ago... but I just wanted to put them on here anyway... AND a lot of them are in the bath. Apparently, that is one of my favorite times to take pictures! Ha! Plus, the lighting is really fun by the window...

We finally took Jane to the Zoo!

Nathan insisted on being there for the first time because Jane is so obsessed with animals, and it was sooo fun. It was a beautiful day, and we got to meet up with some of our dearest friends, Tay, Ang, and Andrew McGovern. We had a blast! Jane went nuts in the first exhibit with the Meercats... it was hilarous - making noises I've never heard her make before. Can't wait to take her back!



This is Jane in early February. We've taken to having baths in our big sink, as it's MUCH easier for me not to have to bend over with a big belly right now! Jane loves putting her fingers in her ears and nose and eyes and mouth... you get the picture!
'
Jane also loves taking one little cup, and fills it with water and pours it out... over, and over, and over, and over, and over..... :o)


This was Jane's first take with chocolate pudding. A little post-dinner treat. :o) This was early February as well, and I can't believe how much more hair she already has in one month from this picture!


Okay, like I said, we like bath times. But man, does Jane seriously love them. She cries when you take her out, and then proceeds to examine her prune-fingers very carefully, and tries to figure out why they look that way. She loves to drink the bath-water, it's so funny. And when she's sees me walking to the sink with the bath towels, she starts squealing, and chases me there, and begs, holding on to my legs until I'm ready to pick her up. :o)

I love these two... again, these were taking in early January, so she has really changed in 2 months time. But still, they are so sweet. Look at her biting her toes, and then I took this one from the back because her hair gets so cute and curly when it's wet. It usually maintains a band of curls at the back when it's dry, but they get pretty rubbed out during naps and whatnot. But they are really fun to mousse up and play with!

No comments: