We didn't really know a c-section was something we should consider, nor did we realize the real risks for me and baby (due to my delivery history), and it really threw us for a loop. We didn't have peace about EITHER direction for about 48 hrs, and were heavily evaluating the risks, and benefits, and praying God would guide us. Everything at Wednesdays appt seemed promising- the baby had flipped head down, I am dilating, etc... it's just a big baby. We were optimistic that the Lord would take care of all of us. Then we heard to consider a c-section, and my brain just went in circles for days. It felt very strange to be in a spot where you are making that decision... it doesn't really feel like it's my decision to make....
A friend of mine suggested I email my old OB that I had with Jane, who now lives overseas- she's incredible. So I laid out the whole situation, my history, and she emailed me back within 10 hours with her recommendation, pros and cons, and a reasonable plan. WHEW... thank you LORD! It was SUCH an answer to prayer! We felt at peace with the plan, and could at least enjoy our last days as a family of 4, our last weekend, and leave the rest up to the Lord.
So, as of now, we are moving forward with an induction on Monday morning. If at any time, labor isn't progressing as it should,or isn't showing all the positive signs, then we can at any point discuss with my doctor, and stop and do a c-section. We feel confident the Lord will take care of us EITHER way.
However, with that said, will you please pray for us? My labor and delivery with Jensen was traumatic for me. I really couldn't talk about it for 16 months without feeling shaky and sick to my stomach. Shortly after I found out I was pregnant with this baby, I was praying one day, and felt the Lord was telling me, "It's going to be different this time around. I got it. You can rest in Me, and in my plan. Trust me with this." That has been what has kept me going through this pregnancy, and I would ask now that you would join us in prayer, and agree that this will be a safe and healthy delivery for all of us! (Regardless of HOW it happens, but just that it will be. We are leaving the details up to God, c-section or not! :o) Thank you for carrying this with us!
In the meantime- let me get you caught up on our life these last months!!! :o)
If I make a smoothie... I know I will have two little ones asking for some... it's become a routine. :o) (April)

Breakfast time... is still one of my favorite times of the day. I love mornings.

Jane and Jens in Jane's new big-girl bed. (May)

Just up from nap time... I love those rosy cheeks.

Just needed a little photo shoot one day... this was in April, Jensen 23 months old.

One of my close friends, Shari's baby shower! This was the threesome who ran the marathon together, just over a year ago! Now, we were all pregnant, and Shari and Amanda had their babies on June 6th and 7th. I am scheduled for Monday... which puts us all having babies within 21 days of eachother. How funny is that? Perfect though, cause we will all be on schedule for running races in 2012 together. :o) AND, seriously, look how different our belly's all look??!


Kari and Jane on Easter

I love my little boy... he's so happy.

The Nelson's joined us for Easter out at Nathan's parents... it was a great day! Love this picture of Jess and Henry. :o)

How he loves "back-ette ball!"

Jensen was pretty excited to find treats inside the eggs...! :o)

Jane and Jensen both got basketballs in their Easter baskets. :o)

Easter Sunday. :o) Don't they look like twins?


Uncle Cabe came for a visit. He's a pilot, so it's only fitting that he reads Jensen his favorite book... "Pilot Pups." Jensen calls my brother, "Uncle Pabe!" And




Nathan and I got to go to Arizona at the end of April to pray at a conference in Tempe. We stayed a few extra days afterward and enjoyed the sunshine! Yeah! What a treat!

Our friends, the Boistures came down too, and we all went to a Diamond Backs game together. :o)The weather was PERFECT.

Oh, gotta love the belly. And I still had 2 months to go at this point!

Had to hit-up In-N-Out Burgers. :o)

We were hosted by a family from the church down there, and our friends Eric and Carrie stayed with us too. Check out their back yard!!! It was like our own little private resort to enjoy while we weren't praying for people!


Jensen turned 2 on May 9th! It was Mother's day, so we just squished it all together. :o) My parents got him a Lightening McQueen helmet... :o) He loves it.

Sports cupcakes I made for Buddy. :o)


Barb made Jensen a birthday tablecloth, and he gets a spot to draw on it every year. :o) He was pretty excited about it. :o)

Happy Mother's Day! We were just missing Ben!

The kids made me these darling hand-print flower cards for me for Mother's day.. with their Grambie. :o)

My Little Jensen B.

Jane is really affectionate with Jensen, and I often find them cuddling, or sitting under a blanket togehter, reading books, or holding hands. Jane wanted to be in Jen's crib with him... so, there ya have it.

At Owen's beach one sunny friday... Jane loves her own little pink chair! (She fell over about 20 seconds after I took this. :o)

Got these at the Deaf Carnival with Auntie Kari!

The start of the kitchen remodel that we did a couple weeks ago! Jensen REALLY wanted to help with everything that was going on!

Jens wearing Pop's noise cancelling headphones

Daddy, I can do it!

A beautiful June evening out at Barb and Norms... Jane, Jensen and Henry wall had to get in the pool of course. It was a super fun evening for a BBQ! And 3 days before Amanda had baby Kate. :o)


We found a frog!

yeah! Welcome Baby Kate!!! She was born 6-7-11, and weighed in at 9 lbs, 7 ozs! Oh, she is dear! Amanda's delivery was amazing and quick! thank you Lord! Now it's my turn!

A sunny afternoon out at Barb and Norms... and more pool time! cutest picture ever of Jane and her Grambie. :o)


Jensen LOVES getting to ride with Papa on the lawnmower... and cries if he doesn't get to. :o)

I turned around in the car last week, and saw this. :o) Melt my heart...
No comments:
Post a Comment