Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY DAY!!!

(ps! scroll down for another video!)

And no, as much as I was hoping this May Day, might actually be a "MAY DAY! I'm in labor!" Or some other exciting bit of news to shout from the rooftop... :o), we had to settle for a extremely beautiful sunny day, where I got to have a peaceful, relaxing walk and lunch date to the waterfront with my darling little girl. Don't you love the hat? It's from her auntie Kari, whom we all know has wonderful taste!!




The video I just got a kick out of. :o) We often play chase with one another as she pushes her little lion around the house... so I thought I would try and tape it today, which the camera usually causes her to quit doing whatever fun thing you're trying to record... but we got some good giggles with this one!

Even though we are now counting "up" (in terms of the number of days past-due I am), instead of "down" (as in count-down to a due date) as Nathan puts it - I have so many reasons to be thankful for this extra time. We have enjoyed so many gorgeous days and play days these past weeks as a family. I know the Lord knows what we need and what Jane needs before this second addition arrives... so I am trusting in His timing! (However, if anyone feels like praying..., we are so thankful for the answer to prayer that it's still head down... but alas, the baby is hanging out very high up, and the way I'm carrying it seems to be preventing the typical dilation and effacement that a over-due woman with her second would be experiencing at this point. So... that's the request if you're up for it!)

3 comments:

awakers said...

Such a great slice of Jane! And Mommy, too....

Danielle said...

So cute! Can't believe you're still pregnant! Jane is a total speed racer with that lion!!!! I just love her laugh:)

Afton Vander Pol said...

I love her giggles:)